A personal experience on reading books.

I was never an avid reader before, I've only started earlier this year where i picked up a book titled 'Mastery' by Robert Greene.



Just for context, it is an informational self-help book on how a person can master a skill like previous 'masters' such as Napoleon, Albert Einstein and and Malcolm X. It wasn't long until i picked up another book which i found around my house which is Maze Runner (made into a blockbuster years ago).

Actually, i didn't turn into a book hermit in one night. It was impossible to finish my first book i couldn't even get through the introduction without getting bored. Then i found one tip on the internet which told me to at least read a page a day. I tried and it somehow worked.



Over the time i would start reading more than one page a day, then i couldn't get enough of the book. I would sacrifice my sleep to read a book and that never happened before. I was surprised by myself and felt an accomplishment after finishing it.

That are the effects of finishing a book. It used to be a primary medium a long time ago but nowadays people rarely read books. It is even proven that most successful people are readers.

If you've been looking for something new to pick up or a new hobby to try, read a book if you haven't done it.

By Safwan Kasim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netizens Bash Influencer For Doing Blackface

Hijab making its way in Fashion

100, 000 Subscribers For Sugu Pavithra